Sunday, January 06, 2013

Ponderings of humiliation.

Humiliation swarms into every crevice where confidence rests and annihilates its very foundations. It takes kindness and twists it into a paranoid, miserable bitch.
Humiliation convinces you that you're worthless; you're wasting space.

Why is it so powerful? What happened to knowing your worth?

Some would rather be dead than suffer facing their demons. And that's just it -- humiliation is a demon with a cruel agenda and relentless ferocity.

"There is no humiliation more abusive than hunger." And it is what we hunger for that reveals the source of humiliation. In a state of vulnerability, hungering for understanding and righted wrongs is my source.

"Art is born of humiliation." Yep. Art is born out of the depths of aching. At least, some of the most beautiful art is, in my opinion -- the kind of art that stops you and demands your full attention. It's alluring and intoxicating. It's inspiring and violating.

"Humiliation is the beginning of sanctification." For real. When I feel the most worthless and humiliated, I've lost all sense of pride and just listen. Why shouldn't I listen? Why should I be heard right now? I'm silent and longing. I'm hoping for redemption and .... sanctification. I've been burned; I'm charred to a crisp. Isn't this how refinement begins?

Lord knows I need it.
 

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker