I was thinking earlier today about how much I miss my Mimi and Papa. And then, I remembered my last moments with each of them.
Tonight, I'm thankful that God allowed me to hold onto Mimi as she took her last breath. It still brings stinging tears to my eyes as I revisit those moments, but I truly am grateful for them.
She passed in peace, and my mind would have tormented me with another reality had I not seen it for myself.
I'm grateful that she waited on my sister and me before she became comatose. The last words she said were to my dad, sister and me: "Y'all are my sweet babies, and I love you."
I'm thankful for all of my times with her. But tonight, I'm thankful to know God honored my prayer when I asked Him not to let her suffer and not to let death take away her dignity.
Saturday, November 03, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment