Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Gratitude, Day 6.

I'm a day late! My b. I was such a loser news junkie last night and forgot to write.

Tonight, I'm thankful for my guitar. :) When I was 9 years old, my mom bought me a little Ovation Applause and paid for me to have lessons. I wasn't too good about practicing, but I learned a lot of key foundational stuff.
I picked the guitar back up when I was about 16 and have been pretty consistent with playing ever since. I saved up some money when I started working and bought myself a Martin DX1-series guitar, and it's still the one I have today.

Playing is my therapy. It literally melts away any anxiety, stress, anger, you name it ...

I can't wait to evolve into a better player, but for now, I'm thankful to my mom for giving me this gift. And I'm thankful for my spruce and strings. :)


(Picture taken by Deborah Berard Photography at Pink Lotus Yoga Center)

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker